GREENOUGH, Montana – May 11, 2011 – The Resort at Paws Up, Montana’s premier luxury ranch resort located just outside of Missoula, is known for their superb and unique accommodations, amenities and outdoor adventures. Yet with the opening of their newest meetings facility set for this fall, it will soon be known as the premier events destination in Big Sky Country. Paws Up is converting their authentic Bull Barn cattle operation facility into an impressive conference center with over 5,000 square feet of function space on two floors, capable of accommodating groups up to 200 people. The Bull Barn Conference Center opened fall 2011
The Bull Barn, which was built as a livestock barn in 1920 and most recently used to house Paws Up’s prized Black Angus bulls during the height of Paws Up’s cattle ranching operation, was remodeled by Paws Up throughout 2011 using the same sturdy timbers that originated in 1920. Opened for use in September 2011, the iconic building now serves as a contemporary conference center, wedding venue, and event center in the center of The Resort at Paws Up.
With authentic barn elements preserved from more than 90 years ago and featured throughout, the new barn facility at the property features the following:
• Approximately 10,000 square feet on two levels.
• The first level of the Bull Barn features two meeting rooms, a business center, as well as a large exterior patio. The larger meeting room (Hereford Pen) is 1500 sq. ft. (42’x36’) and can accommodate up to 80 people. The smaller meeting room (Shorthorn Pen) totaling 600 sq. ft. (24’x24’) is ideal for breakout meetings for up to 25 people. Both rooms feature 9’ ceilings.
• Adjoining Hereford Pen on the first floor through vast sliding barn doors is a 1,600 sq. ft. exterior patio perfect for social gatherings and pre and post meeting receptions. The patio is equipped with a state-of-the-art sound system and is the perfect spot for viewing the nearby Bob Marshall Wilderness mountain peaks, while enjoying the legendary Paws Up hospitality.
• The second level of the Bull Barn (once used for hay storage) features the building’s most impressive space. The Great Angus Hall is an expansive banquet hall featuring 3,500 square feet of space, complete with soaring vaulted ceilings that peak at 22’. The hall features the barn’s original wood siding as well as blue stain lumber reclaimed from Paws Up’s own forests. The Great Angus Hall can accommodate up to 200 people.
• In addition, there is a 400 sq. ft. reception area and business center and restroom facilities.
• There are three unique stairway access points to the second floor. Two of these access points are located on the exterior of the facility. One is a fabulously designed steel stair structure that winds around an exterior silo until it enters the banquet room. The second stairway is located on the interior of a second silo structure. This very special stair structure ends in a massive 18-foot culvert entry to the banquet room. The third stairwell structure inside the barn itself is constructed of original timbers.