(Denver, CO--- March., 2012) Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center looks ahead to the future in anticipation of a demand for re-charging stations for electric cars. Accordingly, three parking spaces in its on-premise garage have been re-tooled and dedicated to accommodating these electric hybrids. Arriving guests may simply pull into the clearly marked space and plug in their cars, allowing them to re-charge in what is truly an innovative green initiative.
“We welcome the opportunity to be the first downtown facility to provide rechargeable parking for electric cars,” commented Ed Bucholtz general manager of
Hyatt Regency Denver. “As a green hotel, we believe initiatives such as this are important. Preserving the environment is a major focus of our business philosophy here as well as Hyatt Hotels and Resorts as a whole.”
To reserve a “green” parking space at the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center, call (303) 486-4469.
This initiative is an addition to the Hyatt Regency Denver’s comprehensive sustainability program, designed to minimize the hotel’s overall carbon footprint and decrease its environmental impact. Included in that effort are the following:
• Water conservation programs as they relate to consumption and climate appropriate landscape design as well as an established housekeeping policy that allows bed linen changes upon customer request or when rooms are newly occupied.
• A hydronic plate cooling system that utilizes outside air to cool the hotel when temperature variations allow.
• The use of fluorescent light bulbs as well as recycle bins throughout the 1,100 room property.
• Reclamation of heat from laundry waste water to pre-heat incoming cold water.
• The use of locally grown produce whenever possible.
• Biodegradable “to-go” containers.
• Newspaper racks on each guest floor as opposed to individual room delivery.
• Waste management single stream recycling compactor.
Additionally, a Green Committee, comprised of hotels associates, serves as an environmental ambassador, providing leadership, driving change and innovation while increasing awareness on multiple issues within the workplace.
The AAA Four Diamond Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center is located at 15th and California Street in the heart of downtown Denver, one short block from the 16th Street Mall. Its modern guest rooms feature well-lit work stations and high speed internet access, each with the Hyatt Grand Bed and a 37” LCD television among its extensive list of amenities. All of its accommodations offer outstanding views; some overlooking the gold-domed State Capitol with Pikes Peak in the distance and others the Rocky Mountain front range. A 1820 square foot state-of-the-art fitness center is further enhanced by the Spa Universaire, an indoor lap-pool and outdoor sundeck with whirlpool. The hotel also boasts Altitude Restaurant, along with Strata Bar and the 27th floor Peaks Lounge.
Reservations for Hyatt Regency Denver may be made by calling toll-free 800-233-1234, by visiting DenverRegency.Hyatt.com or by contacting a travel agent.
# # # #