NAPA, Calif. (March X, 2014) – The Carneros Inn, the luxury PlumpJack Resort located in the heart of Napa Valley’s Carneros winegrowing district, is pleased to announce the appointment of Clint Wall to the position of spa director. Clint received a warm welcome after returning to The Spa at The Carneros Inn nearly a decade after beginning his career at the world renowned wine country spa. Wall’s experience and credentials now span an impressive list of top luxury spas in the country including most recently, the director of spa and retail at Carmel Valley Ranch in Carmel, California. Wall’s appointment coincides with enhancements to the spa’s menu with new treatments that widely derive from indigenous ingredients endemic to the vineyards and farmlands of the Carneros region. Locally inspired treatments have been a hallmark of the spa since its opening in 2003.
“We are pleased to welcome Clint Wall’s return to the spa team, and strongly believe that he will be a key player in many upcoming initiatives at The Spa at The Carneros Inn, especially in lending his expertise, knowledge and creativity to menu development,” said Philip Kendall, vice president of resort operations and general manager of The Carneros Inn. "Our evolving spa menu upholds The Carneros Inn’s tradition of finding inspiration amidst the abundance of natural resources available in the Carneros region, one of the most serene locations in wine country.”
New to the spa menu are a variety of facials, massages, body and nail treatments, in addition to one or two specialty treatments offered each month. All offerings feature ingredients reflective of the distinct characteristics and traditions of the Carneros region, thoughtfully designed to create a sense of balance and restoration of mind and body. A sampling of new treatments includes:
• Rosemary Mint Grapeseed Scrub – An invigorating grapeseed exfoliation with essences of rosemary and mint followed by an application of lavender oil. 90 minute treatment includes full body massage.
• Chardonnay Sugar Scrub – A classic sugar scrub followed by an application of Chardonnay scented lotion.
• Skin Performance Facial – A classic facial including cleansing, exfoliation, extractions, mask and hydration. This will leave your skin healthy and refreshed.
• On The Go Mini Facial – For when your skin just needs a boost. Exfoliation, treatment, hydration. (30 minutes)
• Abyhanga Massage – This Ayurvedic massage will take you to a state of deep relaxation using long, flowing strokes. Oil is customized to balance what ails you. Includes facial massage.
• Rosemary Mint & Cabernet Wrap – A grapeseed exfoliation followed by a luxurious Cabernet mud wrap.
• Mediterranean Manicure – A trip through the Mediterranean with products using bergamot, lime, melon extract, apricot kernel oil, olive oil, geranium, basil and cedar exfoliate and supply intensive moisture to your hands and feet.
March Spa Special: Showcased on the spa menu for the month of March, this treatment highlights a vibrant seasonal ingredient abundant this time of year in the nearby rolling hills of wine country.
• Detoxifying Mustard Rub Massage – Mustard is famous for its anti-inflammatory effects and its ability to soothe sprains and rheumatic muscle and joint pain. This treatment uses a warm, detoxifying and energizing mustard oil that has the highest possible therapeutic potency and is blended with other body warming, muscle relaxing and soothing essential oils from the herb garden. The massage uses classic combinations of sports stretches, compressions and deep tissue work to restore mobility, vitality and body comfort. The therapeutic massage concludes with a generous amount of mustard bath powder to extend the benefits of this treatment.
Wall is an authority in the spa industry, bringing to his role as spa director at The Carneros Inn more than eight years of experience in leadership positions at some of the finest luxury resort and hotel spas in the United States. Beginning his career at The Spa at The Carneros Inn in 2006, Wall developed a deep understanding of spa culture, etiquette and the impressive operational side of the 6,000 square foot establishment. As a massage therapist supervisor, he led a team of more than 25 estheticians, massage therapists and nail technicians, providing oversight and direction for the highly respected organization’s policies and procedures. Wall expanded his skills and knowledge in his subsequent positions at The Spa Esthetiques in Bentonville, Arkansas, and Carmel Valley Ranch, as director of operations and retail and director of spa and retail. In these roles, he immersed himself in the operations and sales departments of the spas, learning how to manage a large-scale space at Carmel Valley Ranch’s 10,500 square foot spa, as well as a more intimate boutique spa setting at the 3,500 square foot Spa Esthetiques.
A native of Bentonville, Arkansas, Wall has lived and traveled throughout the country and abroad, but is excited to return to wine country and specifically to The Carneros Inn. After earning his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Sonoma State University, and developing his affection for California’s wine region along the way, Wall traveled overseas and studied business at the European School of Business in Reutlingen, Germany. Upon his return to the States, he studied holistic massage therapy at Sky Hill Institute in Petaluma, which in turn spearheaded a career in which he finds new passion for every day.
For more information and a full list of spa treatments at The Spa at The Carneros Inn, please visit www.thecarnerosinn.com or call 707.299.4850.
About The Carneros Inn
Named among Travel + Leisure’s Top 25 most romantic get-aways, The Carneros Inn, a PlumpJack Resort, is the ideal luxury wine country destination with breathtaking vineyard views and five-star amenities. The Carneros Inn is the first full-service resort to be built in Napa in more than 20 years, and the first ever in the world-renowned Carneros wine region. The resort features 86 charming private guest cottages and suites and nightly private luxury Home rentals, each furnished with casual elegance and nestled in a lush garden courtyard with private deck. Innovative dining options at The Carneros Inn, include the architecturally dramatic Hilltop Dining Room, FARM, and The Boon Fly Café, a roadhouse-style public eatery. The property also offers outdoor terrace dining and an infinity pool, both with panoramic vineyard views; bar and award-winning spa facilities; and, most importantly, first-class service delivered with warmth and ease. In addition to the hotel accommodations, 24 stylish resort homes are located on the grounds, as well as The Orchard Private Residence Club, allowing homeowners access to all the services and conveniences of the luxury hotel, including concierge and event planning.
About PlumpJack Group
The PlumpJack Group portfolio includes the PlumpJack Cafe Squaw Valley, the PlumpJack Balboa Cafe (San Francisco), Balboa Cafe – Mill Valley, PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn, MATRIXFILLMORE, PlumpJackSport retail clothing stores in Squaw Valley and at The Carneros Inn, PlumpJack Wines stores in San Francisco’s Cow Hollow and Noe Valley neighborhoods, The Carneros Inn, The Orchard -- Carneros Living, the Boon Fly Café and FARM in Napa Valley, the PlumpJack Development Fund, PlumpJack Winery in Oakville, CADE Winery on Howell Mountain, and Odette Estate.
# # # #
Media contacts: Alison Stout, Erica Bureau or Allison Frazier at Glodow Nead Communications, email@example.com 415-394-6500.